Looking for a last minute way to add some Holiday cheer to your table? Here is a tutorial on how to create one of our most favorite and SIMPLE crafts out of recycled magazines: Magazine Christmas Trees! Easy peasy.
Grab a stack of magazines, pour the hot chocolate, and get to work. Here is what you need:
1. Magazines. The more colorful the pages are, the better
2. Buttons, ribbon, or whatever embellishments you want to add. Hot glue for these items.
1. Begin by folding the top corner of the first page down towards the spine, forming a triangle. Crease.
2. Fold the outer edge of the page towards the spine. Crease.
3. Fold the bottom triangle up so that it is even with the bottom of the magazine. Crease.
4. Move on to the next page and repeat until each page is folded like this.
5. When finished, you can glue the first and last pages together if you want just to keep it “open.” Or leave it unglued so you can fold it up and reuse your tree next year!
6. Embellish with ribbons, buttons, glitter…whatever you like!
7. Voila! Enjoy!